Save yourself the extra fat and calories of fried chicken strips, and indulge in these gourmet Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders instead! Tender, juicy strips of chicken breast are dipped in a garlic butter sauce, dredged in a parmesan Panko mixture, then oven-baked to perfection with a crispy crust and succulent inside.
The amazing flavors make this Weight Watchers recipe a hit with both kids and adults. By using Panko instead of traditional breadcrumbs, you still get that crunchy exterior, without having to fry. The Panko is light and delicate, and by using the whole wheat Panko, it packs a bit more nutrition.
This chicken fingers recipe has become a a family favorite around, and gets added to my weekly meal plan a lot! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, along with some roasted or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
- 1 lb chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breasts into strips (about 16 -18 strips). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400.
- Fill 3 shallow bowls with the following: one with the flour, salt, and pepper; one with the butter and garlic; one with the Panko, parmesan, paprika, basil, and parsley. Stir each bowl well.
- To coat the chicken tenders, start by dredging in the flour bowl first. Shake off excess flour. Then dip in the butter mixture. Finally, dip into the Panko mixture, making sure to evenly coat each piece.
- Place chicken on asking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Then turn then over, and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 2-3 chicken tenders
Each serving = 9 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value