Butterfinger Pie Recipe – 3 Point Total

Butterfinger Pie

photo credit: roadfood.com

Ok, I need to be honest about my occasional need for the desire to eat something that has absolutely no nutritional value, but tastes insanely good. And sugary, Frozen Butterfinger Pie falls into that category. I mean, really, who doesn’t love Butterfingers!?!?! And whoever decided to put it into a pie is a flippin’ genius. However, if I want to stay on track with my Weight Watchers Points Range, I needed to seek out a lower calorie version of this popular, yet simple dessert recipe. Thanks to Aimee’s Adventures, I found this delicious Butterfinger Pie Recipe! I altered her version a bit to make it a little bit more Weight Watchers friendly, but it still tastes fabulous. Though this isn’t an official one of Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes, I think it’s a great dessert idea for anyone who is watching their Points but has a SERIOUS sweet tooth (and Butterfinger craving)!

Butterfinger Pie Recipe

Ingredients:
– 4 low fat graham cracker sheets
– 1 tub Fat Free Cool Whip, 8 oz
– 1 Butterfinger Candy Bar (2 oz), crushed
– 1/4 cup Hershey’s Light Chocolate Syrup
– 1/4 cup Smucker’s Sugar Free Caramel Topping

Directions:
Very lightly spray an 8 x8” glass dish or pan with butter flavored non-fat cooking spray. Line the bottom with the graham cracker sheets into the bottom. Mix together the whipped topping with half of the crushed Butterfinger. Spread the cool whip mixture over the graham crackers. Drizzle both the chocolate syrup and caramel syrup on top of the whipped topping. Sprinkle the remaining half of the Butterfinger on top. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Cut into 8 equally sized pieces.

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 piece
Each serving = 3 Point Total

Comments

1. Unfortunately, The amount you’re saving in points to have a “treat” with WW is also a loaded Aspartame bomb. :

2. I for one am sooo glad you do have recipes with the old points on them! The new Points Plus does not work for me and I have stuck with the old point system. When you do get around to “switching” your recipes over…could you please still keep the old point value along with the new point value…thanks!!!

3. Sahri21 says:

Not to mention an 8″x8″ pan, cut into 8 pieces, is only a 1′ cube.  For THREE points.  NOT worth it!

4. Davis Dana412 says:

Does anyone know if this is points plus points?

5. Sounds heavenly!!  Can’t wait to try it.  Will exchange my nightly 3-pt. popcorn for a slice!  Thanks!!

6. Kristina says:

I must admit I didn’t expect much from a pie made mostly of cool whip, but boy was I surprised. The key to a decadent ice cream taste is allowing for a good, hard 24 hour freeze. i keep one of these in the freezer at all times!

7. I’m a weight watcher member and welcome any recipes

8. I just made this and it does not look nearly as big as yours… it was like maybe 1/2 inch tall. Your picture is very deceiving!

9. I just made this and popped it into the freezer (and it looks awesome!), so I went through to calculate the PointsPlus amount and thought I would share! The entire thing is 29 points, making 1/8 come up to 3.625 (round up to 4) points +.

10. Any idea calorie count on this???

• Anonymous says:

Most of my old recipes still have the old Points, without any of the nutritional info. I never thought the Points program would change, and I’m so mad at myself for not saving all the nutritional data for all my old recipes! Argh. But I am doing my best to convert them over time, however, it’s taking me a while to gather all of the nutritional information for them. You can tell whether the recipe has the old Points or the new PointsPlus by looking at the title. If it says “Points +”, it’s the new PointsPlus, and if it says ‘Point Total”, then it’s the old Points system. Everything after the 1st of the 2010 has Points + values, as well as nutritional stats. In order to figure out the new Points Plus values to all of those old recipes, you’ll have to calculate it based on the nutritional info of the ingredients you use. Hopefully I’ll get around to updating them soon!

• Itzcheeseball18 says:

The calories on this is 271 per servings.

11. Did you crush the crackers? and did you use a square pan?

• Yes, I did crush the crackers myself. I just pulsed them in a food processor for a few seconds. And yes, I used a square glass baking dish, but a round pie dish is fine too.

12. Okay…this just looks amazing.
    Thank you so much for sharing with NOBH.
    ~Kara @ The Chuppies

13. Michelle says:

is the point value points plus?

• No, this is still the old Weight Watchers Points Value….I don't have the nutritional data saved, so I need to remake this dish and recalculate all the ingredients in order to figure out the recipes with the new Points Plus values.

14. Lindsey says:

THIS WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD! Even my picky husband liked it!

15. Lindsey says:

i have this recipe in my freezer as we speak and it looks sooo yummy. i got to say i was very tempted to eat the whole container of whipped cream with the butterfinger in it!!!!!! thanks again

16. Megan P says:

This is fantastic! I lined a muffin tin and made individual treats! Which is great as it turns out to be 2 pts a piece! They are soooo good! Thanks for the recipe!

17. I am new to weight watchers and words cannot express how much I appreciate you sharing these recipes.

18. Susan G says:

This looks absolutely sinful! Can't wait to make it. Having it frozen will keep me from wanting to eat the whole thing in two days.

19. Jan & John says:

We just love all your receipes. This will fun to try over the week end. Thanks for the fun and memories…