With two young kids at home, I’m all about quick and easy meals that can be made in one pot and require very little prep work (which equals very little cleanup too!), yet are still healthy and delicious. This sauteed salmon recipe fits the bill perfectly. Not only is it fast and easy to make, it’s a wonderfully flavorful way to make salmon. The tomatoes keep it nice and moist, and the acidity helps to balance out the slight fishy taste of salmon. The chickpeas add some fiber and fantastic texture, while also helping to bulk up the dish and make it more filling. And with just 7 Points + per serving, it’s a great Weight Watchers dinner recipe that I can prepare in a pinch (so I can avoid calling Pizza Hut instead) I served my Sauteed Salmon with Tomatoes and Chickpeas with a side of rice and salad, making a very complete and satisfying meal. It was perfect! Definitely a great low calorie salmon recipe that the whole family enjoyed.
Sauteed Salmon with Tomatoes and Chickpeas
This incredibly easy Sautéed Salmon Recipe made with tomatoes and chickpeas, is a healthy and delicious meal. A great way to keep your salmon moist and flavorful too!
- 1lb skinless salmon filets
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Rub salmon with salt, pepper and paprika, and set aside.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic until softened , about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salmon, then top with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let simmer on med-low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/4 of dish
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 290 calories; 8g fat; 23g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 7g fiber