With two young kids at home, I’m all about quick and easy meals that can be made in one pot and require very little prep work (which equals very little cleanup too!), yet are still healthy and delicious.
This sauteed salmon recipe fits the bill perfectly. Not only is it fast and easy to make, but it’s also a wonderfully flavorful way to make salmon. The tomatoes keep them nice and moist, and the acidity helps to balance out the slightly fishy taste of salmon. The chickpeas add some fiber and fantastic texture, while also helping to bulk up the dish and make it more filling. And with just 7 Points per serving, it’s a great Weight Watchers dinner recipe that I can prepare in a pinch (so I can avoid calling Pizza Hut instead).
I served my Sauteed Salmon with Tomatoes and Chickpeas with a side of rice and salad, making a very complete and satisfying meal. It was perfect! Definitely, a great low calorie salmon recipe that the whole family enjoyed.
Sautéed Salmon with Tomatoes and Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb skinless salmon filets
- 28 oz diced tomatoes - 1 can
- 15 oz chickpeas - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves - chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Rub salmon with salt, pepper and paprika, and set aside.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic until softened , about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salmon, then top with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let simmer on med-low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Thanks for another great recipe!!