This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Bell Peppers is one of my favorite Weight Watchers recipes to make when I’m craving sweet, spicy and tangy! It’s also a great way to get in a lot of servings of fruit and vegetables. It’s colorful, fresh, and very satisfying. Each serving has just 3 Points + each, making it a great idea for a healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe. This is also a dish I like to make on days where I feel the need to eat a LOT. Because it’s such a low calorie, healthy recipe, I can really go overboard with this and not feel an ounce of guilt. There are even days where I’ve made my Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe and have eaten the whole thing! Yes, that’s right…all 4 servings. I LOVE it. Also, I’m obsessed with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, so I use a lot of it in my version, but you can use as much or as little as you like. This pineapple chicken recipe is a much healthier alternative to sweet and sour chicken, so if you have a craving for some fast food sweet and sour chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant, try this instead!
Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Bell Peppers
This light and healthy Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Bell Peppers is amazingly filling and yet still very low in calories and fat. I love serving this when I want a dish that is sweet, spicy and a bit sour.
- 8oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 16oz bag frozen pineapple tidbits (without any sugar or syrup added)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (more or less to taste)
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium high heat (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in chicken, salt, pepper and oregano and cook until chicken begins to brown on all sides.
- Stir in the hot sauce and frozen pineapple tidbits, cover with a lid and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper slices, cover with lid and let cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, turn off heat and let cool for about 2 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 135 calories; 1g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 3g fiber