This Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Bell Peppers is one of my favorite Weight Watchers recipes to make when I’m craving sweet, spicy, and tangy!
It’s also a great way to get in a lot of servings of fruit and vegetables. It’s colorful, fresh, and very satisfying. Each serving has just 3 Points, making it a great idea for a healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
This is also a dish I like to make on days when I feel the need to eat a LOT. Because it’s such a low-calorie, healthy recipe, I can really go overboard with this and not feel an ounce of guilt. There are even days when I’ve made my Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry Recipe and have eaten the whole thing! Yes, that’s right…all 4 servings. I LOVE it.
Also, I’m obsessed with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, so I use a lot of it in my version, but you can use as much or as little as you like.
This pineapple chicken recipe is a much healthier alternative to sweet and sour chicken, so if you have a craving for some fast food sweet and sour chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant, try this instead!
Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry with Bell Peppers Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts - diced
- 1 medium green pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 16 oz frozen pineapple tidbits - 1 bag, without any sugar or syrup added
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce - more or less to taste
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium high heat (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in chicken, salt, pepper, and oregano and cook until chicken begins to brown on all sides.
- Stir in the hot sauce and frozen pineapple tidbits, cover with a lid, and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper slices, cover with a lid and let cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, turn off the heat and let cool for about 2 minutes.
Thanks for a great recipe! I’ve made this a few times now and I use fresh pineapple. The blend of the pineapple and hot sauce makes for a wonderful flavor!
I made this for my PICKY husband and mother who has serious aversion to all forms of spice (even salt and pepper) and they both loved it so much, my husband asks for it once a week! Thank you!
My grocery stores don’t carry frozen pineapple. Can I use canned?
Yes, just make sure to get the kind in it’s own juice, not syrup. And drain out all the juice first.
I will use canned pineapple in juice – will rinse and drain first. Or use fresh cut up pineapple. This looks so good.