Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe – 7 Points +
The week before Thanksgiving, I like to cook very non-traditional holiday foods or ethnic foods, so that I can “surprise” my taste buds on Thursday with the most delicious Thanksgiving foods. So today, I’ll share with you this incredibly easy crock pot version of Tikka Masala, which is a very popular and traditional Indian food. If you’ve ever thought about trying some homemade Indian food recipes but are a bit intimidated, then this easy dinner recipe is a great way to go. It’s a delicious and very healthy dish that clocks in at just 7 Points + per serving, including the rice. Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes are huge lifesavers, especially when you have little time to prepare dinner because you are too busy making preparations for one very big dinner coming up on Thursday night. So, keep your week easy, but still healthy, and try this Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
This easy and traditional Indian food recipe cooks al day in your slow cooker, so you have a hearty and healthy meal ready and waiting for you. Full of all the traditional Indian spices and flavors, but a lot less fat and calories.
- 8oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken, rice and cilantro. Stir well to combine.
- Lightly mist crock pot with non-fat cooking spray, and place chicken inside. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Pour bowl of tomato mixture over top of chicken. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or high for about 4 hours.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Serve over rice or pasta and top with fresh cilantro.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup rice and 1 ¼ cup Chicken Tikka Masala
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 295 calories; 2g fat; 45g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 4g fiber