The week before Thanksgiving, I like to cook very non-traditional holiday foods or ethnic foods, so that I can “surprise” my taste buds on Thursday with the most delicious Thanksgiving foods. So today, I’ll share with you this incredibly easy slow cooker version of Tikka Masala, which is a very popular and traditional Indian food.
If you’ve ever thought about trying some homemade Indian food recipes but are a bit intimidated, then this easy dinner recipe is a great way to go. It’s a delicious and very healthy dish that clocks in at just 7 Points per serving, including the rice.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes are huge lifesavers, especially when you have little time to prepare dinner because you are too busy making preparations for one very big dinner coming up on Thursday night. So, keep your week easy, but still healthy, and try this Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts - cut into strips
- 1 cup brown rice - uncooked
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 jalapenos - seeded and diced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes - 1 can
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken, rice, and cilantro. Stir well to combine.
- Lightly mist crock pot with non-fat cooking spray, and place chicken inside. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Pour a bowl of the tomato mixture over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or high for about 4 hours.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Serve over rice or pasta and top with fresh cilantro.