Quinoa, Zucchini and Corn in Lemon Butter – 3 Points +
Here’s another incredibly delicious way to prepare quinoa…in this Quinoa, Zucchini and Corn salad in Lemon Butter sauce. Delicately sweetened with a bit of honey, this is one savory and delicious Weight Watchers quinoa recipe that will have you drooling. Each serving is just 3 Points +, and it’s loaded with good for you ingredients. High in fiber, and bulked up with fresh vegetables, this low calorie dish really helps to fill you up. Make it as a side for sandwiches or soup, or even serve it alone, on top of some fresh greens – it would make the perfect vegetarian lunch! Enjoy.
Quinoa, Zucchini and Corn in Lemon Butter
A delicious quinoa recipe that is savory and satisfying! The lemon, butter and honey add a wonderful and unique flavor to this salad, while the vegetables give it some added bulk, fiber and crunch. It makes a lovely side to a wide variety of meals.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen (defrosted if using frozen, drained if using canned)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once quinoa has been cooked, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, melt butter in it, and then add in zucchini and garlic Cook until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Then add in corn and honey cook until heated through.
- Now add the corn/zucchini to the quinoa, along with the scallions and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1bout ¾ cup
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 110 calories; 2.5g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 3g protein; 3g fiber