Here’s another incredibly delicious way to prepare quinoa…in this Quinoa, Zucchini, and Corn salad in Lemon Butter sauce.
Delicately sweetened with a bit of honey, this is one savory and delicious Weight Watchers quinoa recipe that will have you drooling. Each serving is just 3 Points, and it’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients. High in fiber, and bulked up with fresh vegetables, this low-calorie dish really helps to fill you up.
Make it as a side for sandwiches or soup, or even serve it alone, on top of some fresh greens – it would make the perfect vegetarian lunch!
Quinoa, Zucchini, and Corn in Lemon Butter Recipe
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 medium zucchini - diced
- 4 scallions - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen - defrosted if using frozen, drained if using canned
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once quinoa has been cooked, place it in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter in it, and then add in zucchini and garlic Cook until zucchini is tender about 3-5 minutes. Then add in corn and honey and cook until heated through.
- Now add the corn/zucchini to the quinoa, along with the scallions and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.