We’ve been having some lovely weather over the past few weeks, so I convinced my husband to bust out the grill and cook up some of these Thai-inspired Cilantro Grilled Chicken Breasts for me. This is such a simple low calorie marinade recipe that adds such tremendous flavor and moisture to the chicken. Plus, it looks lovely too! It literally took me about 5 minutes to make this marinade and pour it over the chicken. The chicken turned out incredibly moist and juicy, and we all LOVED it. And at just 3 Points + per serving, this is an excellent Weight Watchers grilling recipe for your next summer BBQ. Enjoy!
Cilantro Grilled Chicken Breasts
A simple cilantro marinade makes these chicken breasts so moist and deliciously flavorful, without adding a lot of extra Points +. It’s a perfect Weight Watchers summer grilling recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large bowl, and pour marinade over chicken, making sure to cover all of the chicken very well. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Prepare your grill. Cook until temperature registers 165F on a meat thermometer. Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Thai
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 141 calories; 3g fat; 0g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 0g fiber