Loaded Cauliflower Recipe – 5 Points +
Earlier this month, I shared my Southwestern Stuffed Baked Potato Recipe, and while making it again the other day for lunch, I had an epiphany. What if I used cauliflower instead of a potato? Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable, and mostly takes on the flavor of whatever you are cooking it with. And the whole point of a loaded potato or stuffed potato is the topping, right? So if I could get rid of the carb-loaded potato, but still enjoy lots of my favorite toppings but for less Points, it was worth a shot. So a few days later, I got to work in the kitchen creating my Loaded Cauliflower Recipe for a Saturday family lunch. I could not have been happier with the results…it was DELICIOUS. Quick and easy to prepare, I just steamed the cauliflower, and then topped it with my favorite baked potato fixins. Each serving came out to just 5 Points + each. And that is with cheese, bacon and beans included in the toppings, my friends. It was very filling, and very healthy. This Loaded Cauliflower recipe is a keeper for sure.
A great alternative to a loaded baked potato, this reduced carb version uses cauliflower instead, and is covered in all your favorite toppings. Perfect with a soup or salad for an easy and very filling Weight Watchers lunch recipe.
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break cauliflower down into florets, and then steam to cook. I did this by placing the cauliflower into a large, microwave safe bowl, added about 1 inch of water, and covered with plastic wrap. I microwaved on high for about 4-6 minutes, or until the cauliflower was tender to my liking. Drain any remaining water.
- Spray a small, nonstick skillet, with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat. Add in black beans, tomatoes, garlic and cumin. Sauté until heated through…about 2 minutes.
- Divide cooked cauliflower amongst 4 serving bowls, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each serving with ¼ cup cheese, and microwave for about 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
- Now top each serving with ¼ of the tomatoes/black beans, 2 tbsp fat free sour cream, and ¼ of the chopped bacon and scallions. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is ¼ of the cauliflower head and ¼ of all the toppings
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 253 calories; 6.5g fat; 29g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 10g fiber