Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe – 5 Points +
Pizza. It is, without question, my absolute FAVORITE food in the world. I fantasize about it. I could eat it every single day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. I LOVE IT. My problem is that I can never stop at one or two slices. This leads to me consuming massive amounts of Weight Watchers Points whenever I am near pizza. This is not good. So, I try to create recipes that allow me to satisfy my hankering for a cheesy pizza without overdoing it on Points. When I came across this Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe on Pinterest, I knew that I had to try it immediately. I was skeptical, but the thought of a low carb casserole that might taste like pepperoni pizza and yet be low in Points? I was game to try. After a few attempts I switched up the original recipe and did my best to achieve a great taste, yet still keep it low in Points. I was thrilled with how delicious it was. It’s not going to taste exactly like pepperoni pizza, but it is covered in delicious mozzarella and pepperoni, and sometimes just that combo of flavors is good enough to keep me at bay. This healthy casserole comes in at just 5 Points + for 1/4 of the entire casserole, and is loaded with protein and fiber. I will for sure be making this again and again!
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Tasty and low carb, this pepperoni pizza casserole uses cauliflower puree as a base instead of pizza dough. A unique texture with a fantastic flavor that helps satisfy your craving for pepperoni pizza in a much healthier way.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 35 slices Hormel mini turkey pepperoni, or 2oz real pepperoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a vegetable steamer, or the microwave, steam cauliflower until tender. Transfer hot cauliflower to blender or food processor and add in butter, half and half, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, 1/ 2 of the pepperoni slices, and salt & pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Pour cauliflower puree into baking dish. Use a spatula to even out the surface. Top with the pizza sauce, and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly over the cauliflower, making sure not to mix it into the cauliflower. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and remaining tsp of garlic powder.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut into 4 equally sized pieces and serve.
Please note that in the photo, you’ll see large slices of pepperoni. This is because by the time I was ready to take a photo, I had run out of the Hormel Turkey Pepperoni and had to use large, deli sliced pepperoni instead. You can do this as well, if you’d prefer not to use turkey pepperoni. Just use a total of 2oz real pepperoni in order to keep the Points + value at 5.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 pieces
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 214 calories; 7g fat; 17g carbohydrates; 17g protein; 7g fiber