It is, without question, my absolute FAVORITE food in the world. I fantasize about it. I could eat it every single day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. I LOVE IT.
My problem is that I can never stop at one or two slices. This leads to me consuming massive amounts of Weight Watchers Points whenever I am near pizza. This is not good.
So, I try to create recipes that allow me to satisfy my hankering for a cheesy pizza without overdoing it on Points. When I came across this Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe on Pinterest, I knew that I had to try it immediately.
I was skeptical, but the thought of a low carb casserole that might taste like pepperoni pizza and yet be low in Points? I was game to try.
After a few attempts I switched up the original recipe and did my best to achieve a great taste, yet still keep it low in Points. I was thrilled with how delicious it was. It’s not going to taste exactly like pepperoni pizza, but it is covered in delicious mozzarella and pepperoni, and sometimes just that combo of flavors is good enough to keep me at bay.
This healthy casserole recipe is loaded with protein and fiber. I will for sure be making this again and again!
CAULIFLOWER PEPPERONI PIZZA CASSEROLE
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 oz turkey pepperoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a vegetable steamer, or the microwave, steam cauliflower until tender. Transfer hot cauliflower to blender or food processor and add in butter, half and half, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, 1/ 2 of the pepperoni slices, and salt & pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Pour cauliflower puree into baking dish. Use a spatula to even out the surface. Top with the pizza sauce, and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly over the cauliflower, making sure not to mix it into the cauliflower. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and remaining tsp of garlic powder.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut into 4 equally sized pieces and serve.