Treat yourself to an easy weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love! This Slow Cooker Asian Chicken and Noodles Recipe serves up chicken that has been slow cooking all day in a delightfully flavorful Asian-inspired sauce, and is ever so tender and juicy. It’s served atop Japanese soba noodles and fresh broccoli, which are prepared just before serving. Everything comes together so nicely, and tastes incredible. It’s a great no muss, no fuss dish that is only 7 Points + per serving. And it reheats really well the next day, too! This could easily be made with beef, pork, or tofu instead of the chicken, if preferred. I’ll definitely be making this one again and again.
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken and Noodles with Broccoli
Moist, tender, juicy chicken served in a delicious Asian-inspired sauce over top of fresh soba noodles and broccoli. This easy, Weight Watchers slow cooker recipe is great for a busy weeknight dinner, tastes amazing, and is just 7 Points + per serving.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6oz Japanese soba noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb bag broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped (optional garnish)
- In a crockpot, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and 1/2 cup water.
- Add in the chicken breasts, and turn to coat. Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low heat.
- About 20-30 minutes before serving, cook soba noodles according to package directions, adding the broccoli into the boiling water during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain and divide equally into 6 serving bowls.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and stir in the rice vinegar. Spoon chicken and sauce over soba noodles and broccoli, top with diced chilies and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Japanese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/7 Points +
PER SERVING: 221calories; 3g fat; 0g saturated fat; 42g carbohydrate; 7g sugar; 13g protein; 2g fiber