I’ve been meaning to post this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe for a while now, but when my husband and kids came down with sore throats, coughs and runny noses this past week, I whipped up a batch for them, and realized I MUST share this recipe…NOW! It’s sooooooo good, and truly the best homemade chicken soup recipe I’ve ever made. It’s an incredibly easy recipe and the flavors are divine. To keep it on the lighter side, I used chicken breasts, but you can use any cut of chicken you’d like. I often do breasts and drumsticks, since my family prefers the dark meat, and I prefer the breast meat. And the key is using a really good egg noodle. I LOVE this egg pasta from Bionaturae….they taste so fresh and light. The next time you need some chicken soup, do yourself (and your body) a favor – skip the can and make this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup instead — it tastes way too good to be just 4 Points + per serving. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Fresh, homemade chicken soup is just what the doctor ordered! And what could be easier than making it in your crock pot? This is a wonderfully delicious, low calorie soup that is an absolute must make.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz egg noodles (I used THIS kind)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles and parsley in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and chop.
- Add egg noodles, parsley and lemon juice to slow cooker, and cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Return chicken to slow cooker, and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/4 Points +
PER SERVING: 160calories; 3g fat; 1.14g saturated fat; 609g carbohydrate; 2g sugar; 2.75g protein; 15g fiber