I’ve been meaning to post this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe for a while now, but when my husband and kids came down with sore throats, coughs, and runny noses this past week, I whipped up a batch for them and realized I MUST share this recipe…NOW!
It’s so good, and truly the best homemade chicken soup recipe I’ve ever made. It’s an incredibly easy recipe and the flavors are divine. To keep it on the lighter side, I used chicken breasts, but you can use any cut of chicken you’d like. I often do breasts and drumsticks, since my family prefers the dark meat, and I prefer the breast meat. And the key is using a really good egg noodle. I LOVE this egg pasta from Bionaturae….they taste so fresh and light.
The next time you need some chicken soup, do yourself (and your body) a favor – skip the can and make this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup instead — it tastes way too good to be just 2 Points per serving. Enjoy!
CROCK POT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
- 1 lb skinless - (boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 large carrots - (chopped)
- 3 celery stalks - (chopped)
- 1 small yellow onion - (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic - (minced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz egg noodles
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles and parsley in a slow cooker.
- Add egg noodles, parsley and lemon juice to slow cooker, and cook until noodles are tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon, and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker, and serve.