First of all, HI! And Welcome to 2015!!
I’m sure a lot of you are here to get back on track with healthy eating and to find some new and delicious Weight Watchers Recipes, and I certainly will do my best to deliver. But part of my New Year’s Resolution was to spend less time working and more time enjoying my young children before they are too old to want to play with me.
So, I haven’t been posting as much as I used to, but I still plan on posting at least 1 new recipe a week. ;) Just wanted to address that, in case any of you were wondering why I’ve been posting less. With that being said, today’s post is for an amazingly delicious and easy side salad recipe that is so incredibly flavorful, my mouth was watering just making it!
My Asian Red Cabbage Salad works great as a side dish, or you can double the serving and top it with some grilled chicken breast for a filling and delicious lunch. It’s crunchy, tangy, salty, and a little sweet….total perfection!
This is one of my favorite Weight Watchers Salad Recipes to make whenever I have extra cabbage on hand. Enjoy!
- 4 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
In a large bowl toss together the red cabbage, green onions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add to salad bowl, and toss well. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds if desired.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value