Who says cookies are off limits when you’re dieting? These low-calorie Peanut Butter Cookies certainly aren’t!
With just 3 Points per cookie, this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is sure to be a favorite of any Weight Watcher. They are so easy to make, and with just a few simple changes to the traditional peanut butter cookie recipe, more than half the calories were able to be eliminated, making it much lower in Points.
So even though you are following the Weight Watchers Program, you can still treat yourself to a couple of these tasty peanut butter cookies and enjoy them, knowing that you are going over your Daily Points Allowance. So the next time you want a diet-friendly snack that the whole family can enjoy, give this Weight Watchers Cookie Recipe a try!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine margarine and peanut butter in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until blended and smooth. Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended; add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth. While beating on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into an 8-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours. (Note: You can make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and freeze until ready to bake.)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and slice crosswise into about twenty-four 1/3-inch-thick slices; place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Flavor Booster: Browned margarine has a nutty flavor that enhances a peanut butter cookie. Melt the margarine in a small skillet until it sizzles and just begins to brown. Remove from heat and freeze for 20 minutes, or until firm, before using in the recipe.
Entire recipe makes 24 servings
Serving size is 1 cookie
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value