The classic Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe seems harmless, but the truth is, it’s often drowning in fat and excess calories. This Weight Watchers Tuna Salad Recipe has been dramatically lightened up, simply by creating a different dressing with chicken broth vinegar and mustard, and just a touch of oil. It’s light, delicious and incredibly easy to make. Plus, with so much protein and fiber, this Weight Watchers salad is very filling and makes a wonderful Momentum Plan Recipe to add to your collection. It’s a perfect healthy lunch salad recipe that will fill you up, but still let you feel like you are indulging in a fancy, gourmet salad!
Weight Watchers Tuna Salad Momentum Plan Recipe
– 4 small uncooked new potatoes, red, quartered
– 1/2 pound(s) green snap beans, trimmed
– 1/3 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
– 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 2 tsp Dijon mustard
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme leaves
– 2 tbsp minced fresh basil leaves
– 2 tsp minced fresh oregano leaves
– 1/8 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
– 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
– 8 leaves Boston lettuce
– 2 hard boiled egg whites peeled and either halved or quartered, with the YELLOW REMOVED
– 1 medium sized ripe tomato, cored and cut into eighths
– 1 small red onion, sliced thin
– 6 oz canned chunk white tuna in water, drained and flaked
– 2 tbsp capers, drained
– 8 items olive(s), sliced in half (use Nicoise if available)
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them by 2 inches. Set pan over high heat and bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 6 minutes. Add green beans and cook until potatoes are fork-tender and green beans are crisp-tender, about 1 to 2 minutes more; drain and transfer all vegetables to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, thyme, basil, oregano, vinegar, mustard and oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add half of dressing to potatoes and green beans; toss to coat.
Place 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 of potato-green bean mixture, 1 1/2 ounces of tuna, 1/2 tablespoon of capers, 1/2 an egg, 1/4 of the red onion, 1/4 of the tomato and 4 olive halves. Drizzle each with 1/4 of remaining dressing. Recipe makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 1/4 of the whole recipe
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points