Red Velvet Cake and Red Velvet Cupcakes are my, hands down, absolute favorite desserts. I ADORE them. But the typical Red Velvet Cake Recipes are full of fat, calories, and of course, extra points.
So when I came across this recipe for it, I was beyond excited and couldn’t wait to try it! When I read through the recipe, I was concerned about the icing because I REALLY like a thick buttercream, cream cheesy icing on my red velvet, but it turned out to taste pretty darn good!
The icing is definitely lighter and fluffier than I’m used to, but it still tastes fantastic, and it’s a fair compromise. This is the perfect low calorie dessert recipe to take to any party or dinner and of course, it’s a great treat to make at home as well!
When I made this recipe, I made 15 Red Velvet Cupcakes from the mix, so that I had my portions already divided out. If you love Red Velvet Cake, you’ve gotta give this Red Velvet Cake Recipe a try and satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt!
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE
- 1 18 oz box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 8 oz diet Dr. Pepper soda
- 8 oz jell-o fat free sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 8 oz fat-free cool whip
- 2 cups skim milk
- Mix cake mix and diet soda. Pour in 13?x9? pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done. Cool completely. Mix pudding and milk.
- When thickened, spread on cake, then top with the cool whip.
- Cut into 15 equally sized portions.