If you love Mardi Gras recipes as much as I do, you’ll love this Weight Watchers Chicken Jambalaya Recipe!
It’s the perfect meal to serve at any Mardi Gras feast, and it’s a lot healthier than the traditional Jambalaya recipe, so you can enjoy yourself, while still staying on track with your weight loss plan.
This a super easy recipe to make, and it still has all the flair of the traditional jambalaya recipe – just less fat and calories, making it lower in Weight Watcher Points. Packed with fiber and protein, this favorite New Orleans Recipe will fill you up without filling you with guilt. Give it a try and enjoy!
CHICKEN JAMBALAYA RECIPE
- 4 oz raw turkey sausage
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 large celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 28 oz canned tomatoes (whole, plum, peeled with juice)
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice (uncooked)
- Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté sausage until crispy on edges. Add onion, celery and green pepper; sauté until tender. About 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté until garlic is fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth, and rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender about 20 minutes