With all the food filled holidays just around the corner, it’s time to start stocking up your arsenal of delicious, yet low calorie Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Recipes and Weight Watchers Christmas Recipes.
And with Thanksgiving being the first in the lineup, we’ve got one tough holiday feast to conquer! And this delicious Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Recipe is a great dish to add to your lineup of low calorie Thanksgiving recipes!
Creamy and delicious, this dessert recipe uses a light graham cracker crust instead of the traditional pie crust recipe. In my opinion, I think it actually tastes better and it helps us cut a lot of calories and Weight Watchers Points from this dish.
- 4 oz reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 tbsp light butter (melted)
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, process graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, the melted butter, salt, and water, and mix with hands.
- Then transfer to an un-greased 9” pie pan, and distribute crust mixture evenly, pressing it against the pan with your hands.
- Put in the fridge and chill for 40 minutes.
- Then, bake about 8-10 minutes, or until the pie crust starts to turn that yummy golden brown.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites into a soft peak, using an electric mixer.
- Fold in remaining ingredients. Beat the mixture until smooth, creamy and lump free, and pour into your pie shell.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut into 8 even slices and top with a nice dollop of the Fat Free Whipped Cream*
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 slice
Each serving = 7 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value