Lately, I have been really craving sandwiches. I want them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And in my quest for a good Weight Watchers Breakfast Sandwich Recipe, that tasted yummy and was not full of preservatives like the frozen kind at the store.
I ended up creating my own Spinach and Egg White Sandwich Recipe that was definitely a hit! My skinny version of this popular American food is loaded with protein, fiber, and calcium. It’s definitely larger than those skimpy ones you get at restaurants, so it’s very satisfying.
I also love that you can really mix this recipe up and try it with different meats and/or veggies without affecting the point total too much. I can’t wait to try out some yummy ideas I have!!
If you too are looking for tasty, low calorie breakfast sandwiches, you must give this one a try!
BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE
- 1 100 Calorie Sandwich Thins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 slice lean deli ham
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- 1 slice red onion
- Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and set to medium heat.
- Toast your Sandwich Round in a toaster.
- While bread is toasting, fry the slice of ham until it edges start to become a bit crisp. Place ham on 1 half of the toasted Sandwich Round.
- Next, add the spinach to the frying pan, and cover with a lid until the leaves start to wilt (about 1 minute).
- Add in egg, salt and pepper. Scramble egg whites with spinach and cook until egg is solid.
- Pile up the eggs into one section of the pan, and top with the slice of cheese. Cover pan with lid, and turn off heat. After about 30 seconds, remove the lid and cheese should be melted.
- Place eggs with the cheese on top of the ham on your sandwich.
- Finally, top with tomatoes, onions and the remaining half of the Sandwich Round.