A few weeks back, I was contact by the folks over at Yoplait to try out their Nonfat Greek Yogurt and review the product. I love Greek Yogurt, so I was happy to oblige, as I use yogurt in many recipes and had never yet tried Yoplait’s Greek Yogurt.
So, after picking up some of the yogurt, I headed into the kitchen last night to try out their Greek Turkey Burger Recipe with Homemade Tzatziki sauce. I’m a big fan of burgers and of Greek food, so I was excited to combine the two.
I made a few alterations to the recipe in order to make it more diet friendly, and I have to say, these low calorie turkey burgers turned out so yummy!! The feta cheese and homemade Tzatziki sauce really added a nice flavor, while still keeping it low in points.
Greek Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 Gas or charchol grill
- 1 Oven If you choose not to grill
- 6 oz fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup cucumber - chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed - chopped, fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice - fresh
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 oz fat free feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 cup red onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed - fresh , chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 4 SANDWICH THINS ROLLS MULTIGRAIN - Arnold
- 1 tomato - medium, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaves - fresh
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup yogurt and remaining sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients and remaining yogurt. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- Place burgers in buns with tomato slices and sauce.
- If you choose to broil your burgers instead, broil patties with tops about 6 inches from heat 4 minutes; turn patties. Cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- Place a patty on one of the sandwich thins, top with 1 tbsp of Tzatziki sauce, a few tomato slices and a few fresh lettuce leaves.