I’m always on the lookout for delicious and healthy Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes, because, let’s face it, cooking in a crock pot pretty much rules.
With a toddler at home and a baby in my tummy causing horrible morning sickness, I LOVE the idea of throwing some food in a pot and calling it dinner!
This amazingly yummy Mushroom and Black Bean Crock Pot Recipe was so good! Loaded with flavor, spice and texture, this chili was way more enjoyable than I anticipated. It’s also packed with protein and fiber, and very low in fat, making it easy on the WW Points.
It’s a great, healthy alternative to traditional Mexican foods, and still brings that authentic Mexican flavor. This is also a great dish to serve for a crowd or large party, and is sure to fool everyone into thinking it’s fatteningly delicious!
MUSHROOM AND BLACK BEAN CROCK POT CHILI RECIPE
- 1 lb mushrooms (any variety, sliced)
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 5 1/2 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 can corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 8 oz tomatillos (husked, rinsed and chopped)
- 2 fresh jalapenos (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced)
- Combine oil, mustard seeds, chili powder, cumin and cardamom in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven. Place over high heat and stir until the spices sizzle, about 30 seconds.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, corn, jalapenos, zucchini, tomatillos and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are juicy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth, lime juice, tomato paste, salt & pepper and chipotles; mix well.
- Place the beans in a 5- to 6-quart crock pot or slow cooker. Pour the hot vegetable mixture over the beans. Turn heat to high. Put the lid on and cook until the beans are creamy, 5 to 8 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro and diced tomatoes right before serving.