photo credit: incredifood
This low calorie White Chicken Chili recipe has been one of my go to Weight Watchers Recipes whenever I need a quick and healthy dinner idea that can be ready in a pinch. To save time, I usually buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, peel the skin off the breasts and then shred the breast meat. It’s a super easy chili to prepare and has just 5 Points for a 1 1/4 cup serving. Sometimes, I’ll add a few of my favorite crumbled Reduced Fat Organic Tortilla Chips. Loaded with delicious spices and packed with protein, it’s the perfect, spicy chili for a cold Fall or Winter night!
White Chicken Chili Recipe
Tasty and hearty, this low calorie White Chicken Chili Recipe is not only an easy dish to make, it has just 5 Points per serving, making it a great idea for a healthy Weight Watchers dinner.
- 8 oz cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles, jalepenos, cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt & pepper.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, lime juice and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Dollop each serving with 1/2 tbsp sour cream.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 223 calories; 3 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 6 g fiber