photo credit: incredifood
This low calorie White Chicken Chili recipe has been one of my go-to Weight Watchers Recipes whenever I need a quick and healthy dinner idea that can be ready in a pinch.
To save time, I usually buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, peel the skin off the breasts and then shred the breast meat. It’s a super easy chili to prepare and has just 5 Points for a 1 1/4 cup serving.
Sometimes, I’ll add a few of my favorite crumbled Reduced Fat Organic Tortilla Chips. Loaded with delicious spices and packed with protein, it’s the perfect, spicy chili for a cold Fall or Winter night!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
- 16 oz cooked skinless chicken breast (shredded)
- 3 cups cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers (seeded and minced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles, jalepenos, cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt & pepper.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, lime juice and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Dollop each serving with 1/2 tbsp sour cream.