photo credit: incredifood
This low calorie White Chicken Chili recipe has been one of my go-to Weight Watchers Recipes whenever I need a quick and healthy dinner idea that can be ready in a pinch. To save time, I usually buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, peel the skin off the breasts and then shred the breast meat. It’s a super easy chili to prepare and has just 5 Points for a 1 1/4 cup serving. Sometimes, I’ll add a few of my favorite crumbled Reduced Fat Organic Tortilla Chips. Loaded with delicious spices and packed with protein, it’s the perfect, spicy chili for a cold Fall or Winter night!
Tasty and hearty, this low calorie White Chicken Chili Recipe is not only an easy dish to make, it's full of fiber and protein, making it a great idea for a healthy and satisfying dinner.
- 16 oz cooked skinless chicken breast (shredded)
- 3 cups cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers (seeded and minced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles, jalepenos, cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt & pepper.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, lime juice and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Dollop each serving with 1/2 tbsp sour cream.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value