This easy Turkey Lasagna Recipe is really simple to make and it tastes great!
Without sacrificing the fabulous ricotta cheese (I used a delicious fat free ricotta from Trader Joe’s) and mozzarella cheese (a reduced fat shredded mozzarella), and also by making a few healthier substitutions, you get a very nicely sized piece of lasagna that tastes fantastic, but is a lot better for you.
By using the prepared marinara sauce in a jar I was able to shave some time and effort off the preparation, which I always appreciate.
The addition of the spinach and mushroom and the lean ground turkey, give this healthy turkey lasagna recipe a lot of fiber and protein. I used oven ready organic whole wheat lasagna noodles that I found at Whole Foods, and they were amazing!
So good for you, and truly tasted just as good as traditional lasagna noodles. This low calorie turkey lasagna recipe is a healthy dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
TURKEY LASAGNA RECIPE WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS
- 11 oz Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles - (No-Boil, Oven Ready)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 ¾ cups fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 5-8 oz bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 10 oz package baby Portabello mushrooms - (sliced)
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese - (shredded)
- 2 28 oz jars prepared marina sauce - (about 6 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic - (minced)
- ¼ cup fresh basil - (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously spray a large, non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Saute 3 cloves of garlic until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey breast, oregano, and ½ the salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then add in spinach and cook until spinach lightly wilts, about 2-4 minutes.
- Then pour in both jars of marinara sauce, turn heat to low. Let simmer about 10 minutes, just until sauce is well-heated.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine ricotta, remaining garlic, basil, and the rest of the salt & pepper.
- With a large, 11 x 15 lasagna dish, begin layering your lasagna. Start with a layer of sauce, then noodles (I used about 6), then ricotta mixture.
- Continue layering until all sauce, noodles and ricotta are finished.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and aluminum foil.
- Bake until mozzarella becomes bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take off aluminum foil. Put back in oven and heat until mozzarella begins to brown. About 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
We love love love this lasagna!! Definitely our go to for healthy dinner. Paired with 35 calorie bread with garlic powder and no calorie butter spray, it can not be beat for calories and taste!
Great recipe. Even better flavours. This is my go-to lasagna now!
Loooooved this recipe..gave to family friend who is so picky and he loved it..This is my new lasagna recipe.would not chane a thing….
This was totally scrumptious. Although, it is on the expensive side to make, I totally enjoyed it.
YUM YUM YUM!.. Gorgeous recipe,. Used a few more mushrooms to bulk it up a bit more.
Pinned! Im going to try doing this in a roll up form vs the layering form. I find it easier to portion out and serve that way.
prepared it tonight.. substituted whole wheat boil noodles (pain in the butt!), it was VERY, very good :D. i’m very happy i found this site!
Made this tonight. Everyone liked it. On the list to make again. Saved it to my Ziplist
Now that lasagna looks really good! I’ve made lasagna with ground turkey but never with spinach, so I’m looking forward to trying this recipe.
Oh!! This is going on the menu for next week! Sounds fabulous! Thanks so much for your hard work on this blog. You, my dear, are appreciated!
That looks really good! :)
I just joined weight watchers last week, and bought their new “Best Darn Food Ever” cookbook. They have a version of this dish called Turkey, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna. It was the first dish I tried from the cookbook and it was DELICIOUS! My husband loved it, too, even though he is not trying to lose weight. It’s a winner for sure!
OOo..yes…we were talking about this book at my meeting this weekend! Someone was raving about the Sweet Potato Biscuits in there that are supposed to be just 2 Points + each. I’m going to grab this book at my next meeting.