This easy Turkey Lasagna Recipe is really simple to make and it tastes great! Without sacrificing the fabulous ricotta cheese (I used a delicious fat free ricotta from Trader Joe’s) and mozzarella cheese (a reduced fat shredded mozzarella), and also by making a few healthier substitutions, you get a very nicely sized piece of lasagna for just 6 Points. By using prepared marinara sauce in a jar I was able to shave some time and effort off the preparation, which I always appreciate. The addition of the spinach and mushroom and the lean ground turkey, give this healthy turkey lasagna recipe a lot of fiber and protein. I used oven ready organic whole wheat lasagna noodles that I found at Whole Foods, and they were amazing! So good for you, and truly tasted just as good as traditional lasagna noodles. This low calorie turkey lasagna recipe is a healthy dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
Turkey Lasagna Recipe with Spinach and Mushrooms
An easy Turkey Lasagna Recipe that has just 6 Points for a nicely piece is the perfect idea for a healthy Italian food dinner.
- 11 oz Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (No-Boil, Oven Ready), about 18 noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 ¾ cups fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 5-8oz bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 10oz package baby Portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 28oz jars prepared marina sauce (about 6 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously spray a large, non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Saute 3 cloves of garlic until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey breast, oregano, and ½ the salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then add in spinach and cook until spinach lightly wilts, about 2-4 minutes.
- Then pour in both jars of marinara sauce, turn heat to low. Let simmer about 10 minutes, just until sauce is well-heated.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine ricotta, remaining garlic, basil, and the rest of the salt & pepper.
- With a large, 11 x 15 lasagna dish, begin layering your lasagna. Start with a layer of sauce, then noodles (I used about 6), then ricotta mixture.
- Continue layering until all sauce, noodles and ricotta are finished.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and aluminum foil.
- Bake until mozzarella becomes bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take off aluminum foil. Put back in oven and heat until mozzarella begins to brown. About 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 1/12 of lasagna pan
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 194 calories; 5g fat; 17g protein; 36g carbohydrates; 6g fiber