The spicy Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Recipe is such a great idea because it’s quick and easy, requires just a few simple ingredients, and is incredibly delicious. The flavor is tangy, sweet and spicy, and has a similar taste to Orange Flavored Chicken (the most yummy Chinese fast food EVER!) but with more heat.
They key ingredient is Jimmie’s Chipotle Pepper Jam, which I discovered a few years ago at a Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles. You can only buy it online for now, but oh my God, it’s so good!
Stay tuned to my Fabulous Food Find Friday post to learn more about this amazing jam. If you choose not to order the jam, here’s a great Chipotle Pepper Jam Recipe that you can use to make it yourself.
This Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken recipe dish has just 4 Points per serving and goes great paired with some 0 Points steamed vegetables. I’ve also added some veggies into the pan with the chicken and made a delicious spicy stir-fry too!
Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Recipe
Spicy, tangy and sweet make a fantastic flavor combination in this Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Recipe. And at just 4 Points per serving, it’s delicious low calorie chicken recipe that can be prepared quickly for a last minute dinner idea.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- Juice from one large orange, freshly squeezed (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tbsp Chipotle Pepper Jam
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Spray a large, non-stick pan with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in chicken, salt and orange juice, and cook until chicken is cooked through, and begins to brown on the outside – about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the garlic and Chipotle Pepper Jam. Cook until sauce is heated well and evenly distributed over the chicken.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 4oz of chicken, with sauce
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 162 calories; 1.5g fat; 10.5g carbohydrates; 26g protein; 1g fiber