The spicy Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Recipe is such a great idea because it’s quick and easy, requires just a few simple ingredients, and is incredibly delicious. The flavor is tangy, sweet, and spicy, and has a similar taste to Orange Flavored Chicken (the yummiest Chinese fast food EVER!) but with more heat.
The key ingredient is Jimmie’s Chipotle Pepper Jam, which I discovered a few years ago at a Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles. You can only buy it online for now, but oh my God, it’s so good!
This Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken recipe dish goes great paired with some steamed vegetables. I’ve also added some veggies into the pan with the chicken and made a delicious spicy stir-fry too!
Orange-Chipotle Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb skinless - boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- Juice from one large orange - freshly squeezed (about ? cup)
- 3 tbsp Chipotle Pepper Jam
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Spray a large, non-stick pan with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in chicken, salt and orange juice, and cook until chicken is cooked through, and begins to brown on the outside - about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the garlic and Chipotle Pepper Jam. Cook until sauce is heated well and evenly distributed over the chicken.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.