The perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe idea, these Fish Tacos are a breeze to make and taste amazing. They are so fresh and light.
Pair them with a Soup Recipe or some roasted vegetables for a complete and healthy meal. I used Alaskan cod in my fish tacos recipe, but really, a wide variety of fish can be used, and as long as you aren’t using a very fatty fish (like salmon), it shouldn’t affect the calorie count much, if at all.
These were so easy to make and were a hit with my husband, so I’ll definitely be making these fish tacos again soon!
Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 1 lb Alaskan cod - chopped into bite size pieces
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ large red onion - chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- ½ cup fresh or prepared pico de gallo
- 1 lime - freshly squeezed
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in the fish, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, lime juice, and lime zest. Saute until fish is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast tortillas in a toaster oven until slightly charred and warmed through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Divide fish evenly amongst the tortillas, and top with pico de gallo, cabbage, red onion and cilantro.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.