The perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe idea, these Fish Tacos are a breeze to make and taste amazing. They are so fresh and light, and are just 7 Points for two tacos. Pair it with a 0 Points Weight Watchers Soup Recipe or some roasted vegetables for a complete and healthy meal. I used Alaskan cod in my fish tacos recipe, but really, a wide variety of fish can be used, and as long as you aren’t using a very fatty fish (like salmon), it shouldn’t affect the Points value much, if at all. These were so easy to make, and were a hit with my husband, so I’ll definitely be making these fish tacos again soon!
Fish Tacos Recipe
Light and fresh tasting, these easy fish tacos are a snap. Loaded with fresh cabbage, tender fish, and tangy pico de gallo, each satisfying serving has just 7 Points.
- 1lb of Alaskan cod, chopped into bite size pieces
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or prepared pico de gallo
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in the fish, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, lime juice, and lime zest. Saute until fish is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast tortillas in a toaster oven until slightly charred and warmed through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Divide fish evenly amongst the tortillas, and top with pico de gallo, cabbage, red onion and cilantro.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 3
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 3 servings
Serving size is 2 fish tacos
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 280 calories; 4g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 33g protein; 3g fiber