Crab cakes have always been one of my favorite dishes that I just never take the time to cook myself. I think I’ve always just assumed that quality crab cake recipes can only be done in restaurants.
Boy was I ever wrong.
I went to work in the kitchen recently and created my version of healthy Baked Crab Cakes with an AMAZING Chipotle Lime Sauce. This was fantastic! I am no photographer, so the picture just doesn’t do it justice, but the taste was perfect. Light and slightly crisp on the outside, moist and crabby on the inside. And the Chipotle lime sauce was the perfect compliment to the low calorie crab cakes.
A wonderful, guilt free meal idea that uses just a few of those precious calories, but leaves you feeling satisfied.
Baked Crab Cakes Recipe with Chipotle Lime Sauce
- 1 Oven
- 1 Blender
- 16 oz lump crab meat
- ½ large red bell pepper - finely chopped
- ⅓ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers - drained
- 4 scallions
- ⅔ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup plain - non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Chipotle pepper seasoning
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crab, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 of the lime juice, egg, egg white, scallions, cilantro, chopped red bell pepper and salt & pepper.
- Cover and let chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Shape evenly into 16 patties and set on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes on each side.
Chipotle lime sauce:
- To make Chipotle lime sauce, puree remaining ingredients (jarred pepper, 1/4 cup yogurt, mayo, lime juice, Chipotle seasoning, garlic) in a small blender until smooth.
- Drizzle sauce over crab cakes or serve on the side to dip and enjoy immediately.