I stumbled across the fantastic Mediterranean Peppers and Olives Salad Recipe on Kalyn’s Kitchen a few weeks ago and finally got around to giving it a try this past weekend. I made a few changes to make it more Weight Watchers Friendly (and more flavorful).
And it was out of this world!!
This is an incredibly delicious salad that is so full of flavor, texture and color, and it’s as aesthetically pleasing as it is healthy. Loaded with all the wonderful Mediterranean food fats that are good for your heart, this healthy salad recipe is worth every Point of the 5 Points it has per serving.
Because this salad is so rich with flavor, I’d recommend pairing it with a light fish or chicken entree. Or serve it over some quinoa for a filling and amazing vegetarian Weight Watchers recipe.
You can’t go wrong with this Peppers and Olives salad recipe — it is fantastic.
Mediterranean Peppers and Olives Salad Recipe
This amazingly flavored Mediterranean salad is a dish that is as beautiful as it is delicious. Filled with heart healthy fats, it’s a good for you salad that tastes incredible.
- 3 cups sliced sweet mini-peppers
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup kalamata olives (pitted), drained well
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fat free feta cheese
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut peppers into rings, cutting towards stem end and discarding stems and seeds.
- Put peppers into Ziploc bag. Combine vinegar ½ tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over peppers.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain peppers and set aside ¼ cup of marinade.
- Combine remaining olive oil and reserved marinade. Add additional marinade if you want the dressing to be stronger, and use less if you want it more mild.
- Rinse garbanzos well and let drain at least 10 minutes.
- Drain olives and then combine drained garbanzos and olives.
- Add in the marinated peppers and desired amount of dressing.
- Gently stir in Feta and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 162 calories; 9g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 9g protein; 6g fiber