These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are a healthier and lighter version of a basic, traditional Blueberry Muffin Recipe. Still moist and delicious, but just 4 Points per serving.
I like to make a big batch and freeze some so I’ll have a quick and healthy Weight Watchers breakfast on hand whenever I’m feeling too tired (or lazy) to cook. They are also great to give to my toddler for a tasty and healthy breakfast on the go.
I’ve seen a lot of variations of these blueberry muffins with nuts or icing added, but in order to keep in Weight Watchers friendly, I stuck to the basics. Plus, I often enjoy a simple muffin without too many ingredients. Occasionally, I’ll add a tablespoon of flaxseed Powder for some added health benefits.
This is really a deliciously healthy and easy muffin recipe to add to your collection, and it’ll satisfy your blueberry muffin craving without using up too many of your Weight Watchers Points.
P.S. They go great with a bit of Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread! Yum!
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Moist and fluffy, yet light and healthy, these low calorie Blueberry Oatmeal muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast idea. At just 4 Points each, you can enjoy a delicious morning muffin without an ounce of guilt.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like EggBeaters)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place oats in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a large bowl.
- Add in flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and liquid egg substitute. Then add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 16
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins recipe makes 16 muffins
Serving size is 1 muffin
Each muffin = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 135 calories; 4g fat; 22g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 2g fiber