I wasn’t planning on posting this Arugula Pear Salad Recipe with Blue Cheese until later this week, but it was SO good, I had to share it sooner.
Loaded with delicious textures and flavors, this salad satisfies both sweet and salty cravings all in one bite. It was seriously so delicious, my husband and I were fighting over the last few forkfuls!
When I was making it, I was worried that the Points value was going to come out much higher, but to my surprise, after adding up all the nutritional stats, each serving came out to just 3 Points! Double it for an amazing entree salad, or eat one serving as a side dish salad recipe, but any way you eat, you will love the decadent flavors and the way it satisfies.
The toasted almonds add such a fantastic crunch, and the sweet pear ad white balsamic dressing contrast the peppery arugula and pungent blue cheese perfectly.
For a few extra Points, you can top it with some grilled chicken breast or salmon for some added protein. But with all the amazing flavors, I prefer serving it a vegetarian recipe.
I think I may have to make this again for lunch today!
Arugula Pear Salad Recipe with Blue Cheese
This fabulous gourmet Arugula Pear Salad Recipe is not only delicious, but very diet friendly at just 3 Points per serving. It makes a wonderful healthy lunch idea.
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 half of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles (I used the kind by Treasure Cave)
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Toast almonds by placing in a small, un-greased skillet over medium high heat. Toss every few minutes until almonds brown, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, sugar and white balsamic vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine pear, arugula and onion, and add in the dressing. Toss well.
- Top with the almonds and blue cheese crumbles.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 125 calories; 7g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 2.5g fiber