A good friend of mine recently told me about this delicious looking Roasted Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe that she found on Pinterest, and once I saw it, I knew I HAD to try it!! I revamped the version that was posted on thekitchn in order to make it a better option for a Weight Watchers Salad Recipe. It was unbelievably good!! The flavors and textures all combined so well together to create the best Roasted Eggplant recipe I’ve ever had. My version of this eggplant salad recipe has 10g of heart healthy fats per serving, but the dish still ends up only being 4 Points per serving. Woo hoo!! This roasted eggplant salad would make a fantastic, low calorie summer salad recipe to serve at a picnic or potluck. But if you feel like it’s just too good to share, make it for yourself as a healthy vegetarian lunch recipe. It is truly a fabulous dish — enjoy!
Roasted Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
This is a truly incredibly flavorful Eggplant Salad Recipe loaded with healthy fats and fantastic flavors. It’s hard to believe that each serving is just 4 Points.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup flat parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sea salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes and put in a large bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside while making the marinade.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegars, smoked paprika, and cumin. Dab away any extra water that has beaded up on the eggplant and toss with the marinade. Stir in the garlic.
- Spread the eggplant on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment and slide onto a rack placed in the center of the oven.
- Roast at 400°F for 40 minutes, or until very tender and slightly browned. (Stir every 15 minutes and check after 30 minutes to make sure it isn’t burning.) Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Return the eggplant to the bowl and toss with the lemon juice mixture. Stir in the parsley leaves, smoked almonds, and most of the goat cheese, reserving a little.
- Spread the finished salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle the reserved goat cheese crumbles on top.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 179 calories; 10g fat; 18g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 11g fiber