This week, I’ve been all about the minimal ingredients recipe, as I’ve yet to get to the grocery store.
And one of my favorite go-to quick and healthy side dish recipes to use in situations like these is this Roasted Balsamic Glazed carrots Recipe. It’s so simple, yet so tasty, and it’s such a yummy way to get my toddler to eat more veggies!
When you add up the nutritional stats for these roasted carrots, it comes out to 2 Points, but if carrots are technically 0 Points, then the nutritional stats of the remaining ingredients are only 1 Point per serving. So that’s how I chose to count it. Though, I will double check with my Weight Watchers leader at my next meeting and see which is the correct way to count it. Nonetheless, it’s a delicious and incredibly easy carrot recipe that helps give you more vegetable recipe ideas.
These roasted carrots are a great accompaniment to a great variety of entrees and go on our dinner table quite a bit.
Roasted Balsamic Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil mist
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread out carrots onto baking sheet and lightly mist with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. While carrots are cooking, whisk together the honey and vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add carrots into the honey vinegar mix and toss well to coat.
- Place carrots back onto baking sheet and put back into oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.