When I get a craving for buffalo chicken wings, it takes every ounce of willpower I have not to run to the nearest wing place that happens to be right down the street.
So to satisfy my craving while still keeping my diet goals in mind, I created this amazingly delicious, low calorie Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe. It is filling and flavorful and a perfect lunch recipe idea.
It helps give me all the flavors I want with zero guilt. Even the hubs was a fan! I like to pair this buffalo chicken salad with some fresh fruit or light garlic toast for a complete and tasty lunch.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, you will LOVE this healthier alternative!
BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
- 16 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups baby romaine leaves
- 2 tbsp celery leaves - (finely chopped)
- ½ of a red onion - (sliced)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - (halved)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- ½ cup light ranch salad dressing
- 3 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Slice chicken into thin strips, and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken in skillet, top with 1 tbsp of hot sauce and celery leaves, and sauté until cooked through and browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together baby romaine, onions and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing and remaining hot sauce (more or less to taste).
- Divide greens mixture evenly into 4 bowls, and top with chicken (divide evenly amongst the 4 bowls).
- Drizzle ranch and hot sauce dressing over salads, and top each salad with 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles.