When I get a craving for buffalo chicken wings, it takes every ounce of willpower I have not to run to the nearest wing place that happens to be right down the street.
So to satisfy my craving while still keeping my Weight Watchers goals in mind, I created this amazingly delicious, low calorie Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe. It is filling and flavorful and a perfect WW lunch recipe idea.
It helps give me all the flavors I want with zero guilt. Even the hubs was a fan! I like to pair this buffalo chicken salad with some fresh fruit or light garlic toast for a complete and tasty Weight Watchers lunch.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, you will LOVE this healthier alternative!
- 16 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups baby romaine leaves
- 2 tbsp celery leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 of a red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1/2 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 3 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Slice chicken into thin strips, and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken in skillet, top with 1 tbsp of hot sauce and celery leaves, and sauté until cooked through and browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together baby romaine, onions and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing and remaining hot sauce (more or less to taste).
- Divide greens mixture evenly into 4 bowls, and top with chicken (divide evenly amongst the 4 bowls).
- Drizzle ranch and hot sauce dressing over salads, and top each salad with 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 salad
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value