I do believe I have found one of my new favorite Weight Watchers Recipes — this incredibly delicious Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe. Oh my GOD, it is is so good! As I’ve said many times before, I am a huge fan of buffalo chicken anything, so when I found the original version of this recipe at Closet Cooking, I was psyched to re-vamp it and make it a more Weight Watchers friendly dish.
Each large serving is just 6 Points, and is incredibly flavorful and satisfying. It’s definitely a different taste than a traditional chili — it tastes kinda like a buffalo wing stew. SO GOOD. I like mine spicy, so I added extra hot sauce, but if you prefer a more mild buffalo chicken chili, just use a bit less hot sauce.
I plan on using this as a Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipe too and serving it with some carrot and celery sticks…the men will love it and will have no idea they are eating a chicken chili that’s good for them and low in calories.
If you are a fan of buffalo chicken wings, you must try this Buffalo Chicken Chili. I would eat this everyday if I could!
Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe is truly to die for! A delicious and healthy chili recipe with a unique twist and tons of flavor. It’s hard to believe each serving is just 6 Points.
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Put in chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon equally into 4 serving bowls, and divide blue cheese evenly among the 4 servings, and sprinkle on top. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¾ cups
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 290 calories; 6g fat; 29g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 12g fiber