I do believe I have found one of my new favorite recipes — this incredibly delicious Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe. Oh my GOD, it is is so good! As I’ve said many times before, I am a huge fan of buffalo chicken anything, so when I found the original version of this recipe at Closet Cooking, I was psyched to re-vamp it and make it a more diet friendly dish.
Each large serving is incredibly flavorful and satisfying. It’s definitely a different taste than a traditional chili — it tastes kinda like a buffalo wing stew. SO GOOD. I like mine spicy, so I added extra hot sauce, but if you prefer a mild buffalo chicken chili, just use a bit less hot sauce.
I plan on using this as a Super Bowl Recipe too and serving it with some carrot and celery sticks…the men will love it and will have no idea they are eating a chicken chili that’s good for them and low in calories.
If you are a fan of buffalo chicken wings, you must try this Buffalo Chicken Chili. I would eat this every day if I could!
Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 12 oz boneless - skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 3 stalks celery - diced
- ½ cup carrots - diced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes - 1 can
- 15 oz cannellini beans - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce - or to taste
- salt and pepper
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Put in chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon equally into 4 serving bowls, and divide blue cheese evenly among the 4 servings, and sprinkle on top. Serve immediately.