My family really enjoyed this dish, and it has definitely become a staple in our house. Sometimes, to make the chicken even juicier, I’ll soak it overnight in reduced fat buttermilk. This tenderizes the meat and also adds a bit of tang that brings out the flavors of the ranch seasoning.
This is a great low-calorie chicken recipe that can be prepared very quickly with very few ingredients and is a great dish to prepare when you are having one of those “What the heck should I make for dinner” moments. It’s one of my go-to chicken recipes that satisfies everyone, including me, all for just 5 Points + per serving.
Baked Ranch Chicken
A real treat for the fried chicken lover, this healthier Baked Ranch Chicken is amazing! Juicy and tender with a delicious ranch seasoned crust, each serving is just 5 Points +.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse and chicken breasts and pat dry. Evenly coat both sides of each breast with sour cream.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the cornflakes and Ranch Mix, and crush cornflakes well.
- One by one, put each sour cream coated chicken in the seasoned cornflake crumbs and gently shake until chicken breast is coated.
- Place coated chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray. Lightly mist with an olive oil mister, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 3g fat; 10g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 0g fiber