Delicious, easy, and full of flavor, this light summer pasta recipe made with Grilled Zucchini and Tomato is the perfect meal idea for a hot summer’s day. Grilling the veggies gives them such a nice taste and adds a real summer BBQ feel to the dish. It would make a great Weight Watchers pasta recipe to take to a Potluck too.
I plan on serving this as one of my 4th of July Weight Watchers Recipes at my BBQ this Wednesday, since a few of my friends, who are also Weight Watchers, will be there too. But this Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe is so good, no one else will be aware that they are eating lighter pasta.
Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 1 Gas or charchol grill
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta Ronzoni Smart Taste
- 4 small zucchini - cut into thin strips (about 2-3” long and 1“ wide)
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 3 Roma tomatoes - sliced
- ½ a small red onion - chopped
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly mist tomato and zucchini slices with an olive oil mister, sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with the minced garlic. Place veggies on the grill, and cook until grill lines form (about 2 minutes per side), and then set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the yogurt mixture, and toss to combine.
- Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to thin it. Gently toss in the grilled zucchini and tomatoes, and combine.
- Divide evenly among four bowls and serve.