Delicious, easy, and full of flavor, this light summer pasta recipe made with Grilled Zucchini and Tomato is the perfect meal idea for a hot summer’s day. Grilling the veggies gives them such a nice taste and adds a real summer BBQ feel to the dish. It would make a great Weight Watchers pasta recipe to take to a Potluck too. I plan on serving this as one of my 4th of July Weight Watchers Recipes at my BBQ this Wednesday, since a few of my friends, who are also Weight Watchers, will be there too. But this Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe is so good, no one else will be aware that they are eating a lighter pasta.
Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe
This delicious vegetarian Weight Watchers recipe for Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Pasta is fresh and bright, and makes the perfect summer lunch recipe. Satisfying and flavorful, each large serving is just 7 Points.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (I used Ronzoni Smart Taste)
- 4 small zucchini, cut into thin strips (about 2-3” long and 1“ wide)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 a small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly mist tomato and zucchini slices with an olive oil mister, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and brush with the minced garlic. Place veggies on grill, and cook until grill lines form (about 2 minutes per side), and then set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the yogurt mixture, and toss to combine.
- Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to thin it. Gently toss in the grilled zucchini and tomatoes, and combine.
- Divide evenly among four bowls and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is ¼ of entire dish, about 1 ¾ cups
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 216 calories; 3g fat; 52g carbohydrates; 14g protein; 7.5g fiber