This easy and delicious Middle Eastern Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of my staple low calorie side dish recipes. It pairs well with just about everything and is such a light, crisp and refreshing salad.
I often tire of salads with lettuce, so this Cucumber Tomato version is one of my favorite salad recipes. Sometimes, I’ll add a few variations to it, like adding fresh mint or using lime juice instead of lemon. It’s also great added to some quinoa or couscous.
I think it makes a great addition to many meals, that is so simple, yet impressive. Enjoy!
CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD RECIPE
- 4 Persian cucumbers - (chopped)
- 3 Roma tomatoes - (chopped)
- 1 small yellow onion - (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley - (finely chopped)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.