These Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries are such a great, healthy snack recipe idea that is perfect for a hot summer day. And it’s also a great way to use up any leftover blueberries before they go bad! At just 1 Point per serving, they make a great alternative to ice cream. The yogurt adds some sweetness to the slightly tart blueberries and the creaminess gives it a dessert-like feel.
These also make a great healthy snack for kids! Dipping all of the blueberries individually can be a bit tedious…I haven’t yet perfected a way to do it faster without them looking messy. But they are truly a delicious and healthy treat that is well worth the effort. Feel free to experiment and use different yogurt flavors if you like….there are lots of great flavor options available. Since blueberries are 0 Points, I only counted the yogurt, which is how I came up with 1 Point.
However, if you calculate the nutritional stats of the ingredients and then enter it into your Weight Watchers Points Calculator, it comes out as 3 Points. So, armed with that info, count it however you see fit. But definitely give these Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries a try while blueberries are abundant in the summer months.
Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries Recipe
- 1 Freezer
- 1 container of blueberries - washed and dried
- 1 6 oz vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper and empty yogurt into a small bowl.
- Using a toothpick, dip each blueberry into the yogurt and swirl it around, shake off excess and place on baking sheet, using another tooth pick to help slide it off.
- Once all blueberries are coated in yogurt, place baking sheet into freezer, and let freeze for at least an hour.