Wow! I have just uncovered one of my new favorite vegetarian Weight Watchers recipes ever — these incredible Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas!!
Full of all the Mexican flavors you’d hope for, and then some, this healthy dish combines the idea of two traditional recipes – stuffed peppers and Mexican enchiladas.
By using quinoa, black beans and veggies as the filling for the stuffed peppers instead of the traditional beef and rice, I was able to cut down on a lot of calories, fat and carbs. And adding lots of Mexican flavors to the quinoa filling, and then topping the dish with a red enchilada sauce and blend of cheeses, this fantastic dish brings together two very tasty worlds for just 5 Points per serving.
Filling, flavorful, and sure to satisfy your taste buds, this Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas Recipe is a must try. It’s so easy, and is a great healthy family dinner idea.
Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas
By far, one of the best Weight Watchers Vegetarian Recipes I’ve ever made. So easy, so delicious, you’ll feel great about this healthy alternative to traditional enchiladas. And at just 5 Points per serving, you’ll feel very satisfied for such few Points.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 small zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice from 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds, and microwave them for about 2-3 minutes in a microwave safe bowl or dish with about ½” water in the bowl. This will help soften the peppers.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, zucchini, beans, cilantro, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and salt & pepper together.
- Place peppers in a large baking dish, cut side up, and fill each pepper evenly with the quinoa mixture.
- Pour can of enchilada sauce over all the peppers and then top evenly with the shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil, but make sure the foil is not touching the cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 stuffed pepper halves
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 274 calories; 8g fat; 19g carbohydrates; 16g protein; 12g fiber