Wow! I have just uncovered one of my new favorite vegetarian Weight Watchers recipes ever — these incredible Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas!!
Full of all the Mexican flavors you’d hope for, and then some, this healthy dish combines the idea of two traditional recipes – stuffed peppers and Mexican enchiladas.
By using quinoa, black beans, and veggies as the filling for the stuffed peppers instead of the traditional beef and rice, I was able to cut down on a lot of calories, fat, and carbs. And adding lots of Mexican flavors to the quinoa filling, and then topping the dish with a red enchilada sauce and blend of cheeses, this fantastic dish brings together two very tasty worlds for just 5 Points per serving.
Filling, flavorful, and sure to satisfy your taste buds, this Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas Recipe is a must try. It’s so easy and is a great healthy family dinner idea.
Stuffed Pepper Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 small zucchini - cut into small pieces
- 28 oz enchilada sauce - 1 can
- 15 oz black beans - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion - diced
- ½ cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend - shredded
- ⅓ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice from 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds, and microwave them for about 2-3 minutes in a microwave safe bowl or dish with about ½” water in the bowl. This will help soften the peppers.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, zucchini, beans, cilantro, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper together.
- Place peppers in a large baking dish, cut side up, and fill each pepper evenly with the quinoa mixture.
- Pour a can of enchilada sauce over all the peppers and then top evenly with the shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil, but make sure the foil is not touching the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.