This Garlic Baked Shrimp Recipe is a perfect alternative to traditional Shrimp Scampi Recipes, which are typically drenched in butter and/or oil.
My version still has the flavors you love, but with less fat and calories. Each bite packs tons of delicious flavor and a hint of crunch.
But the best part is that this baked shrimp recipe can be prepared quickly, easily, and with very little prep and few ingredients. So it’s a great Weight Watchers dinner idea when you need something on the table – fast!
Even my husband, who’s not really a big fan of shrimp, enjoyed this dish. Definitely, something that I’ll make again soon!
GARLIC BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp - (deveined, peeled and tails removed)
- 2 tbsp light butter - (melted)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley - (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic - (minced)
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal - (crushed)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt & pepper. Pour into a small baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine cornflakes, butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and parsley until it reaches a course, mealy consistency – just enough to evenly blend the ingredients.
- Sprinkle cornflakes mixture over shrimp. Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.