This Garlic Baked Shrimp Recipe is a perfect alternative to traditional Shrimp Scampi Recipes, which are typically drenched in butter and/or oil. My version still has the flavors you love, but each serving is just 4 Points. Each bite packs tons of delicious flavor and a hint of crunch. But the best part is that this baked shrimp recipe can be prepared quickly, easily and with very little prep and few ingredients. So it’s a great Weight Watchers dinner idea when you need something on the table – fast! Even my husband, who’s not really a big fan of shrimp, enjoyed this dish. Definitely something that I’ll make again soon!
Garlic Baked Shrimp
This easy and delicious shrimp recipe is similar to a shrimp scampi recipe, but baked, and with less butter and more breading. This dish doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or prep, and works well when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
- 1lb fresh, raw shrimp, deveined, peeled and tails removed
- 2 tbsp light butter, melted
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt & pepper. Pour into a small baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine cornflakes, butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and parsley until it reaches a course, mealy consistency – just enough to evenly blend the ingredients.
- Sprinkle cornflakes mixture over shrimp. Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 180 calories; 5g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 0g fiber