I first came across this amazing Cranberry Salsa Recipe at Crafty’s Cafe.
Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical at first. But since I adore salsa, I was eager to give it a try. Plus, I thought it would make a really unique Thanksgiving appetizer recipe or Christmas appetizer recipe that would still be Weight Watchers friendly.
It sure smelled good while I was making it, and when it was finally ready, I grabbed my favorite baked tortilla chips and dug in. OMG. It was SO good! I seriously could not stop eating it!! It was fresh and flavorful, and also a bit sweet and tart.
My version uses lime juice instead of lemon, a bit less sugar and more fresh jalapenos. The flavor combinations worked out perfectly, and the cranberry salsa was a hit.
While this makes a perfect festive holiday appetizer or snack, I’ll be making it as often as I can find fresh cranberries at the store. This was truly a fantastic dish and a must try.
- 1 12-16 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3 green onion stalks (finely chopped)
- 2 jalapeños (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a food processor, chop the cranberries.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped cranberries and all other remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3 hours.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size 1/2 cup
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value