One of my favorite, easy and low calorie side dish recipes are these fantastic Roasted French Onion Potatoes. Just a few simple ingredients, a few minutes of prep, and you’ve got one delicious dish that has just 3 Points per serving.
These roasted potatoes are LOADED with french onion flavor, and are always a hit with the family. I prefer them with the buttery, Yukon Gold potatoes, but a baby red works just as well. I often make these french onion potatoes when I’m too lazy to make a french onion soup.
These are a great alternative to french fries! So much less fat and calories.
It helps satisfy my carb cravings, but takes a lot less time, and has less Weight Watchers Points.
Crisped to perfection. Look at those divine browned bits on the potatoes and onions. That is a big part of the yum factor.
This dish is truly delicious and is such an easy accomplishment – really its such a minimal effort to make them. They’d make a great accompaniment to any holiday meal this year. Enjoy!
Roasted French Onion Potatoes
- 1 lb baby red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 packet dry Onion Soup and Dip mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-fat cooking spray.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, and cut into quarters or bit sized pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, and shake well to evenly coat the potatoes and onions.
- Pour onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned well and soft.