One of my favorite, easy and low calorie side dish recipes are these fantastic Roasted French Onion Potatoes. Just a few simple ingredients, a few minutes of prep, and you’ve got one delicious dish that has just 3 Points per serving. These roasted potatoes are LOADED with french onion flavor, and are always a hit with the family. I prefer them with the buttery, Yukon Gold potatoes, but a baby red works just as well. I often make these french onion potatoes when I’m too lazy to make a french onion soup. It helps satisfy my craving, but takes a lot less time, and has less Weight Watchers Points. This dish is truly delicious and is such an easy accomplishment, and you’d never guess that they are just 3 Points per serving. They’d make a great accompaniment to any holiday meal this year. Enjoy!
Roasted French Onion Potatoes
An easy and incredibly delicious side dish recipe, these roasted potatoes are seasoned with onion soup mix and are sure to be a hit. So simple to prepare, yet such bold flavor. It’s the perfect potato side dish.
- 1 lb baby red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 packet dry Onion Dip mix (I used Lipton’s)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-fat cooking spray.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, and cut into quarters or bit sized pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, and shake well to evenly coat the potatoes and onions.
- Pour onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned well and soft.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 117 calories; 1.5g fat; 22g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 2.5g fiber