Substantial as a main dish recipe or an appetizer or snack, these tasty Pepperoni and Cheese Roll-Ups are nothing short of amazing. Pepperoni pizza is one of my favorite foods, but a slice from the local pizzeria is definitely not Weight Watchers friendly.
By creating my own, unique twist on this popular American food, I was able to create a much healthier, low calorie version of pepperoni pizza, but for a lot fewer Points. 2 rolls are just 5 Points, so I can satisfy my pizza craving without breaking the bank.
These are also easy to handle and eat, so they’d make perfect appetizers or snacks for game day and/or a Super Bowl party.
They are cute, kid-friendly, and easy to make. Definitely a hit at our household! I will be making these on a very regular basis.
Pepperoni and Cheese Roll-Ups Recipe – 5 Points
- 1 Oven
- 16 oz whole wheat pizza dough - 1 package
- 6 oz Hormel turkey pepperoni - 1 package
- 8 sticks light string cheese - cut in half
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly mist it with non-fat cooking spray.
- Lightly dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out pizza dough into a rectangle, about ¼” thick.
- Cut out 16 triangles, about 3” wide and 6” long.
- Place 3 slices of pepperoni on the bottom, wide end of each triangle. Place a cheese stick half on top of the pepperoni. Roll up, and place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, melt butter and stir in garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Brush each pepperoni cheese stick roll-up with the melted butter. Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing to dip.