With winter in full swing, I am making my favorite Weight Watchers crock pot recipes on a very frequent basis. They are easy, hearty, and oh so comforting on a chilly day.
Today, I’m sharing a Creamy Tarragon Chicken Recipe that was inspired by a Rachel Ray recipe, but made over to be lighter and more Weight Watchers friendly. It is absolutely amazing…so flavorful and rich, and the sauce is so creamy and velvety.
Each serving is just very low in fat and calories, which is hard to believe once you taste how good it is.
Since I rarely cook with tarragon, this dish was a real treat and had me wondering why I don’t cook with tarragon more often.
I used carrots in this dish, but feel free to use another vegetable if you prefer. Asparagus, broccoli and peas work really well with it.
I recommend serving this Creamy Tarragon Chicken over some buttered whole wheat noodles or buttered brown rice for a complete meal. Enjoy!
CREAMY SLOW COOKER TARRAGON CHICKEN
- 16 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fat free half and half
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour broth into crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, shallot, garlic and salt & pepper. Rub chicken breasts with this mixture and place into crock pot. And then add in carrots.
- Sprinkle ½ of the tarragon over chicken and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a separate plate, and pour crock pot juices into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and half &half. Whisk the mixture into the saucepan, and stir constantly until sauce is thickened and velvety – about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, and top with remaining fresh tarragon.