A mild, yet flavorful tilapia recipe, these smothered tilapia fillets recipe is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe idea. It’s a dish that’s packed with protein and has just 5 Points per serving.
Not a bad bargain for beautiful, flaky white fish covered in creamy cheese sauce and spinach. And the carrots give this dish a lovely color and crunch too.
It’s a wonderfully healthy fish recipe that the whole family will enjoy and offers a great way to get in protein and nutrients without sacrificing taste.
Smothered Tilapia Fillets Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 16 oz tilapia fillets - 4 fillets, defrosted if using frozen
- 1 cup frozen spinach - defrosted and squeezed until most liquid is out
- ¼ cup carrots - finely chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese - at room temp
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium-sized shallot - minced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Spray a small casserole dish with nonfat cooking spray, and place tilapia fillets inside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then spread over tilapia.
- Bake, covered, for about 30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.