Try this new bright and fresh spin on roasted potatoes – it’s a Parmesan Lemon Smashed Potatoes Recipe that is so delicious and yet so easy. Plus it looks incredible and would make a lovely addition to the holiday dinner table.
The energy of the lemon zest adds a beautiful and fragrant sunny taste to the potatoes, while the garlic and Parmesan accent the earthy flavors. This was truly delicious.
If you aren’t concerned about calories or Points, then I’d recommend doing a drizzle of olive oil, rather than a light mist when roasting. It really helps meld all the flavors together and ads some extra moisture to the potatoes.
Each large serving is only 5 Points, making this an excellent Weight Watchers Side Dish Recipe to pair with your favorite low calorie chicken or beef dish.
Parmesan Lemon Smashed Potatoes
A delicious and bright potato side dish recipe, these would make a lovely accompaniment to your holiday dinner table. The fresh zing of lemon zest adds a unique flavor level, while still keeping the potatoes Weight Watchers friendly.
- 2 lbs of fingerling potatoes or any small potato
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil on the stove and let simmer until potatoes are cooked through, about 15 min.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with nonfat cooking spray. Evenly place all potatoes onto baking sheet, and then using the flat end of a meat mallet, or the bottom of a cup, gently smash each potato.
- Lightly mist potatoes with an olive oil mister, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for about 20-30 minutes, using tongs to flip them over once about halfway through.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine lemon zest, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan in a small bowl.
- When potatoes are done cooking, toss them in a large bowl with the lemon and Parmesan mixture. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 192 calories; 2g fat; 39g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 3g fiber